Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 Guilty Pleasures" and people who get tagged need to write an LJ entry about their 5 Guilty Pleasures as well as state this rule. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. Pretty lingerie. I'm as un-girly as they come, but I love the Victoria's Secret catalog and occasionally treat myself to a new naughty. I like the way they look and the reaction I get. ;)
2. Hearing about people I knew in high school. Now, granted, all in all I don't really give a shit if s/he wasn't my friend. But, if anyone does have news about people I knew, I do kinda like to hear it. Especially if it happens to fit my (hopes?) expectations of jock=miserable, geek=flourishing, muahahahaha.
3. Role-playing. It is my crack, pure and simple. I'm in two Star Trek role-plays, one of which I run, and three ongoing Truth and Justice campaigns- again, one of which I run. I need some sort of reality escape, and role-playing has fulfilled that need for many a year. It's also great writing/character development practice.
4. Clipping coupons. Seriously, I like clipping coupons. It's a game for me- used to be one of the things I did to pass time when a commercial came on during a Steelers game. I say "used to" because I no longer get a Sunday paper, but if I ever start, chances are I'll ignore the rest of the damn paper in favor of the coupon section. It won't be a total waste of money, though- Remy reads the comics.
5. Girly alcohol. I don't like beer. In fact, I don't drink anything that isn't fruity or chocolatey (although I make the rare exception for a gin and tonic). And I'm also such a wuss that I usually mix my wine with water- I think it tastes better that way, and that's how the ancient Greeks drank it, so nyah. I don't dilute Manischewitz, though- but then I'm a wuss 'cause I'll get tipsy off two glasses.
Remy and I are meeting with our prospective wedding officiant this evening, who seems to be a cool person via email, so I imagine she'll be cool IRL as well. And if not, at least we'll be at the Daily Grind. Espresso and cheesecake make everything better. ^_^
Aside from Saturday, when I couldn't freaking wake up all day, the weekend was grand. Of course, the Steelers had a lot to do with that, but so did Remy. He enjoyed the game with me (he didn't just watch it, he got excited about it), and he also started learning Farsi. The combination has made me quite the happy girl. I really want to tell my mom about that last one- too bad we can't contact her from Paris (yeah, she and Ray are in Paris right now on their honeymoon =) ). But when I tell her, holy crap- Remy's going to score major major points!
'Course, you all know how I feel regardless. ^____^