Slow cooker chicken recipe
- Boneless/skinless chicken thighs, at least 6, diced or left whole (I leave them whole, but trim the fat off.)
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz. can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar salsa, mild or hot
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, chopped (If you're feeling lazy, skip this.)
Combine everything in a slow cooker. (I put the raw vegetables down first, then the chicken, then the canned stuff.) Set that bad boy on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, bread, whatever you like. Enough for a nice dinner and plenty of leftovers. I'm going to throw a can of black beans in too, next time.
Easiest, healthiest "ice cream" ever
Buy bananas. Wait until their skin turns spotty, then peel, slice, and freeze them.
Whenever you're feeling ice-creamy, break out a food processor. Chuck in one frozen banana per serving, then puree for a couple of minutes. Incredibly, the banana will break down into a smooth paste resembling frozen yogurt. Scoop it into a bowl and top it with whatever you want!
Obviously, if you don't like bananas, skip this one.
Any good recipes I should know about? Remy and I are big on preparing as much of our own food from scratch as possible.
// omg steelersSTEELERSSTEELERS tonight