Aside from hungry, this meme actually made me a little homesick and nostalgic. My mom is an amazing cook, and I have a lot of fond memories of really good meals, both American and Iranian. Alas, the only talent I inherited is turning the oven on and off and punching microwave buttons... =(
1. Fresh fish - Any kind you can think of, however you want to make it, I'll eat it. I'm particularly fond of salmon and tilapia.
2. Lobster - Never had it before, strangely enough. I wouldn't mind trying it, though.
3. Steak - Medium/medium-well with A-1, please. Mmm, meat.
4. Thai food - Pad Thai and glass noodles... *drool*
5. Chinese food - Only ever tried the American bastardizations thus far, but I'm not complaining.
6. Ice cream - Mint chocolate chip is the undisputed favorite, but I also like coffee, chocolate, and strawberry. Especially if there are nice big chunks of strawberry in it.
7. Pizza - A staple of my diet. I usually like it loaded with vegetables, but I also like sausage and pepperoni. Every once in a while, I get a craving for a Hawaiian (pineapple and ham) =9 That's Ray's favorite, incidentally. I know, the rest of the world thinks it's vile.
8. Crab - I love crab cakes, and I'm actually rather fond of imitation crab too.
9. Curry - Good stuff! There's an Indian restuarant down the street from me, and that's as close to Persian food as I get when I'm not visiting home, unfortunately. (BTW, if you're curious, much of Iranian food is similar to Indian, just not spicy.)
10. Prawns - I like.
11. Moreton Bay Bugs - er?
12. Clam chowder - Never tried it.
13. Barbecues - We had Memorial Day barbecues religiously in my family, and throughout the summer. We grilled everything- hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, vegetables, you name it.
14. Pancakes - Mom made pancakes often in my youth, for both breakfast and lunch. Every once in a while, she made blueberry pancakes as a special treat.
15. Pasta - I eat it. No special attachment to it, though.
16. Mussels - Never had any.
17. Cheesecake - I loooove cheesecake. And it doesn't help that I have a strong tolerance for rich foods in general. Every restaurant has some SuperColossalUltraChocoRichDeathcake dessert, and as long as I didn't stuff myself with dinner, I can polish them off no problem. I'm convinced this ability will one day lead to my death.
18. Lamb - Yummy stuff.
19. Cream tea - I'm not really into tea. I'm a bad Iranian in that respect.
20. Alligator - I had fried alligator in Florida, and immediately felt guilty afterward. Not because it tasted bad- it tastes fine, if a bit chewy. No, my guilt stemmed from feeling like I'd somehow sinned against my patron saint, Steve Irwin.
21. Oysters - Nope.
22. Kangaroo - Whaa?
23. Chocolate - I love anything that's not white chocolate. Dark chocolate, however, is especially orgasmic.
24. Sandwiches - Yes, I eat sammiches, thank you. I am not a bag of antlers (I admit, I'm close).
25. Greek food - Stuffed grape leaves and baklava, for starters- but I have a hard time thinking of these as Greek, because they're in Iranian cuisine too. I also love lamb gyros and saganaki.
26. Burgers - Oh, hell yeah. My mom makes fantastic hamburgers, and I eat them with ketchup, lettuce, and pineapple rings. Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it.
27. Mexican food - I love it, but I cringe to think what my innards go through.
28. Squid - In Japanese stir-frys. Chewy!
29. American diner breakfast - Eat 'n Park's All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast Buffet, bitches. God damn it, I miss Eat 'n Park!
30. Salmon - Yes please.
31. Venison - Haven't tried it.
32. Guinea pig - The hell?
33. Shark - I haven't tried it yet, but I would.
34. Sushi - Love it! Especially eel and tuna sushi.
35. Paella - Nope...
36. Barramundi - Was?
37. Reindeer - Waaas?
38. Kebab - How could I dare call myself Iranian without a deep love of chelow kabob (kabob with saffron rice, usually served with grilled onions, tomatoes, pita or lavash bread, and sumaq seasoning)? There are two main types of Iranian kabob- koobideh (ground meat kabob) and barg (slices of meat). Both are scrummy. My mom made koobideh all the time.
39. Scallops - Much loved.
40. Australian meat pie - Nope...
41. Mango - Occasionally..
42. Durian fruit - ?
43. Octopus - Who wouldn't eat little Cthulhus, if given the chance? Chewy, like squid.
44. Ribs - Hells yeah!
45. Roast beef - Arby's regular roast beef sammiches and curly fries FTW!
46. Tapas - Our landlord owns a bar where he serves all kinds of yummy tapas. I'm a fan.
47. Jerk chicken/pork - Very yummy- especially in a Bomber's burrito.
48. Haggis - No thx.
49. Caviar - Never tried.
50. Cornish pasty - This either.